The latest RFS Newsletter out now and available to members. There are several interesting notes in this Autumn edition:
- Letter from America by Daniel Ackermann
- A Forest chair in Colonial America by Bob Parrott
- Darvel chairs: J. McKellar, a new maker by Crissie White
- 16th-century panelling and a canopy from the Neptune Inn, Ipswich by Liz Hancock
The Newsletter includes two additional notes by curators discussing objects in their collections:
- The Guardian’s chair from Leah Mellors of the Ripon Museum Trust and
- A Warwickshire Press Cupboard, by Rosalyn Sklar at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust.
There are also reports on recent events, featuring the February meeting at the V&A on New thinking about 16th-century furniture, with summaries of the papers by Chris Pickvance, Megan Wheeler, Michael Pearce, Nick Humphrey and Yannick Chastang. Notes on the Glasgow conference on Charles Rennie Mackintosh include a summary of this year’s Christopher Gilbert Memorial Lecture by David Jones on Scottish vernacular sources for Mackintosh’s furniture designs.